Sports Internship News Feed
Featured Internship for Friday, April 19, 2019
Quiksilver - Summer 19' Intern - Merchandising **This is an un-paid, for academic credit only internship**
Duration: College/University course dates
Boardriders, Inc.; Quiksilver, Roxy and DC Shoes offer internships in various departments and provide college students with supervised practical experience in the workplace. You can intern in departments like Merchandising & Design, Retail Buying, Marketing, Public Relations, Operations and Human Resources to name a few.
To be considered for the Internship Program you MUST
- Be a Junior or Senior currently enrolled at a college or university; or enrolled in an MBA program AND
- Receive school credit for your internship AND
- Able to provide proof of health insurance
(Please note: Students are eligible to intern during their course dates. Students may not begin before course date or continue past course date unless authorization letter is provided) What would you be doing?
The DC SHOES Merchandising Intern will...
What Skills, Major or Experience are we looking for?
- Support Merchandising team in marketplace research for consumer and product insights through competitive shopping and utilizing different industry publications.
- Gain understanding of different tools and reports used by Merchandising team to build seasonal strategies and assortments.
- Work alongside global and regional cross-functional teams to know each team's roles and responsibilities.
- Organize samples for each season's assortments and help in set up/tear down of various meetings and trade shows.
- Fashion, Apparel/Product Merchandising, Business majors preferred
- Must be in a junior or senior year
- Have an interest in fashion, street culture, sports, music, art, and/or action sports
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Must have good knowledge of Retail Math, be a multi-tasker
Apply For This Internship
- Interns receive a discount at our campus store
- Access to our onsite gym
- Attend company events
- Unlimited networking opportunities
- Casual work environment- "shorts, flip flops and tee shirts are acceptable!"
More Sports Internships
United Soccer League - Legal Internship- Summer 2019
Pro Sports - Participants are tasked with and responsible for working within a specialized department but will interact with all league departments across the organization including: finance, business development, digital, marketing, team services, analytics, and more, with the ultimate goal of providing well-rounded practical work experience in sports to students
United Soccer League - Corporate Strategy Internship- Summer 2019
Pro Sports - Prepare Monthly & Quarterly team & organization financial reports. Assist in due diligence process and development of the financial strategy new business ventures
United Soccer League - Digital Asset & Video Production Intern-Summer
Pro Sports - Maintains the PhotoShelter system by tagging and documenting photography submitted by teams. Assembles videos using WSC video clip server. Facilitates retrieval of previously cataloged images/video.
United Soccer League - League Two Video Analyst Internship- Summer 2019
Pro Sports - Assist in reviewing and analyzing league management and competition issues (i.e., player discipline) via the video platform