Sports Internship / Sports Management
Sports Management Worldwide
Sports Management WorldWide (SMWW) is the global leader in sports business education. We offer a positive, high performance culture with a mission to help change lives. SMWW has over 10,000 graduates from over 140 countries now working in sports. We offer cutting edge sports business education courses, degrees, and conferences, that successfully launch and advance dream careers in sports business.
About the job:
Our fast-paced dynamic team has an infectiously positive attitude and drive to win. We are looking for interns who will help us grow and improve our work atmosphere, student experience, and overall office functioning. Your exceptional communication skills will connect studentís to answers,our career advisors with students, and our office to our career goals.
- Identify student needs and help connect them with answers, resources, and career advisors
- Assist in the daily functions of the office
- Provide excellent customer services via email, phone, and in person
- Welcome new tasks, ask questions, and work hard
- Participate in marketing, social media optimization
- Assist with SMWW development of training courses
- Develop marketing materials for professional athletes
- Assist with Sports Career Conference
- And much more!
When the rubber meets the road you put your head down and get the hard work done. You have something to prove. You want to be a part of a team that pushes you to improve day in and day out. You are resilient and confident, but also well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails.
- Passionate about sports
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Adaptive ability to keep up in fast paced, competitive start up environment
- Self-managed, highly motivated, and confident
- Very organized and diligent in managing your day
- Have a sense of humor
- Did we say passionate about all sports?
- You like being rewarded for you results and want to make a different in peopleís lives
- Enjoy watching ESPN all day (our office has 6 TVís on various sports channels all day)
- Your friends say you are honorable, ethical, and treat all individuals with respect
- Love helping people achieve their dreams
Whatís in it for you:
- Real world experience in the sports industry
- A fun and outstanding work environment
- Family Friendly environment
- Flexible hours
- Access to industry leaderís knowledge and advice
A few words you might use to describe yourself: unstoppable mindset, coachable, exceptionally driven, resourceful, results-oriented, passionate about helping students grow, big picture thinker who rolls up sleeves to results, persuasive, assertive, honest, strong sales closing ability, quality follow-up, attention to detail, intuitive, gregarious, outstanding verbal communicator and active listener. . .and a sports nut.
With two offices, one in Portland's famous Pearl District, and one in Gloucester, England, we've built great spaces where creativity and sharp minds thrive.†Our offices offer big windows, sit-stand desks, TV's, a sports minded atmosphere, pool table and corn hole.
To be considered for a SMWW internship we ask that you first apply for one of our sports career training
courses in the careers or careers field you are most interested. Applicants must be 18 or older. Those
Internship applicants who have completed an SMWW training program will be given preference.
SMWW Interns receive two online training programs and one Sports Career Conference for completing the SMWW Internship program. (Over $3000 value.) Our goal is to help you become successfully employed in sports and participation in our programs launches the hiring process. To apply, visit this page http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide.com/sports-internship
How To Apply For This Internship
1100 NW Glisan Suite 2B
Portland, OR 97209