Graphic Design Intern / Sports Management
Georgia State Games Commission
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top quality interns to operate many of our sporting Projects and Programs. Most of our interns come from across North America.
1) Must be organized, team oriented, self starting, aggressive, outgoing and innovative.
2) Must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done especially including whatever “dirty” job that may take
3) Must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and PC (not Apple) computers.
Internship opportunities are offered depending on intern's experience & skills, time commitment availability, academic credit ability and semester sought.
Housing is also available for 12-18 positions. VERY FEW small financial stipends are available to those that have their own housing for the summer.
This internship is NOT for the student that is:
1. Just looking to get credit or “get” by;
2. Be a social butterfly or party/drink for the summer;
3. Socialize with your local friends for the summer;
4. “Just” put in your 40 hours for the week;
5. Looking for a full time paying summer job.
6. Must demonstrate Organizational Ability
7. Must demonstrate Extreme Thoroughness Ability
8. Must Demonstrate Effective communication Skills: Verbally and in Writing
9. Must be Assertive
10. Must be Mature
11. Must be a Team Player
12. Must be able to Multi-Task
13. Must be willing to “get dirty”
14. Must be willing to talk to strangers
15. Must be able to be aware from YOUR “comfort” zone
Potential Benefits of a Georgia Games Internship:
This is a tremendous experience! We have tons of interns from across the country last year. The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real life planning AND implementation of public relations activities and programs is what they will experience. These internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
-Compensation: Great apartment complex with Housing and partial meals being offered.
-Earn academic credit
-Real life on-the-job experience with BIG time responsibilities that other internships do not provide.
-Internships include semester-long positions
-Internship program has been offered since 1990
-Students have come from the following US States: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MS, MN, NC, ND, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI and WV and from the countries of Canada, China, England, Germany and Hungary just to intern with the Georgia Games.
-Internships are first offered to students completing the internship for academic credit.
-Interns have turned down the United State Olympic Committee, Professional and College programs to intern with the Georgia Games.
* Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
* Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
The Graphic Design Interns are responsible for designing a multitude of projects and assisting 20 other staff members with all of their projects.
-Design artwork for 40+ different sporting events to be included on merchandise, posters, fliers, etc.
-Design annual report to be submitted to State Legislator
-Design various award certificates for sportsmanship awards, scholastic sports Olympiad, etc.
-Design and produce the promotional booklet, schedule card, and Official Programs as needed
-Design and Co-Produce a newsletter that reaches volunteers, sponsors and sport organizations. List includes over 40,000+ circulation.
-Oversee all outgoing publications and promotional materials.
-Coordinate with Event Operations, PR and website staff to ensure compliance with all needed activities.
-Assist with on-site event management at designated events
-Complete all other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Submit the following:
1) Georgia Games Application (found on our website: www.georgiagames.org)
a. Submit in the original Microsoft WORD software NOT as a PDF or other program.
2) Sports Questionnaire (found on our website: www.georgiagames.org)
a. Submit in the original Microsoft EXCEL software NOT as a PDF or other program.
4) Cover letter
5) If Graphics/Website/PR/Photography: ALSO submit samples of previous work.
Submit the FOUR items in ONE email as FOUR attachments.
How To Apply For This Internship