Football Coaching / Development Aid in Africa / Sports Management
Sports Charity Mwanza
With us you can expect more than a normal internship. We are looking for sports enthusiasts and change makers who have their heart in the right place. You will represent our international team in Mwanza, Tanzania (about 1 million people) and you will be responsible for building up sports clubs in your sport. While you can teach a lot to local coaches and youths, you will also realize that you can learn a lot from them for your future life back home. To get more information about our charity and the situation in your sport, please visit www.scmwanza.org.
- In teams of 2 or 3, you will support the federation in training coaches and setting up soccer clubs
- Be a combination of a coach, social worker and project manager in a social start-up
- Evaluate our effectiveness, develop our charity further and support us in getting international support
- Take part in public relations, networking and have a lot of fun during and after work
- Willingness to make a difference in the world during university or before beginning a(nother) job
- Openness towards new cultures and fluency in English
- Enthusiasm for sports and social work; ideally coaching experiences or a coaching license in your sport
- Organizational skills, flexibility, ambition and an autonomous working style
- Humor, team spirit and communication skills
- Introductory month in Tanzania
- Mentoring through Tanzanian and international project leader. The culture in Tanzania is very different to ours and we can learn a lot from each other.
- Improving your skills in project management, social work and coaching
- Opportunity to bring your own ideas in and to become part of a young charity team in the long run
- A modern, lately refurbished volunteer house and a volunteer culture that makes you feel home fast
- Enough days off to discover one of Africaís most beautiful countries (Serengeti, Zanzibar, Kilimanjaro)
If you are interested in becoming part of the SC Mwanza team please send a resume and cover letter in English to our co-founder Reed Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Donít hesitate to ask your questions.
How To Apply For This Internship