Box Office & Ticket Sales Internship / Pro Sports
The Kalamazoo Growlers are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world box office/sales experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organizations: The Kalamazoo Growlers are a 2014 Northwoods League expansion team beginning their fourth season of play in 2017. The Growlers continue the rich history of baseball in Kalamazoo, carrying on the tradition of the Kalamazoo Kodiaks and Kalamazoo Kings. Homer Stryker Field, a 3,267 seat park located in Kalamazoo’s Mayors Riverfront Park is the home field of the Growlers.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: On or near the start of summer (May 15th), negotiable
End Date: On or near the end of summer (August 15th), negotiable
Academic Qualifications: Declared major or minor in Sport Management or Professional Sales (Other majors will be considered including, but not limited to: Journalism, Marketing, and Business)
Description of Responsibilities:
· Box office sales interns will undergo extensive box office training including ticket system management, call scripts, and other sales trainings
· Game Day Operations – building customer relationships, over delivering with customers
· Handling customer service and ticketing issues
· Attending/staffing additional outside events (community relations)
· Collecting and generating fan data
· Learn and be knowledgeable of all ticket options and stadium locations
· Taking ticket orders (in person and via phone), interacting with fans, problem solving, working box office and will call booth.
· Other positions that apply: Guest services, promotions, ball park clean up, mascot, etc.
· Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Availability to work all games and events
· Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
· Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “cando” attitude
· Previous internship or job in sales is a plus but not required
· Cash handling experience preferred
· Customer Service & Management experience preferred
· Ability to multi task and handle responsibility
· Self motivated and ability to take initiative
· Organized and timely
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
· The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective required.
· Kalamazoo Growlers: Homer Stryker Field
How To Apply For This Internship