Human Resources Internship / Pro Sports
Madison Mallards Baseball Club
The Madison Mallards are seeking an individual to assist in the management of Food and Beverage, Merchandise, Hospitality and game day operations throughout the ballpark.
- Ensuring that all aspects of stadium operations are completed in a timely manner
- Processing all employment paperwork for part time staff
- Extensive data entry for the first half of the internship
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal labor laws
- Scheduling, managing, and staffing of game day employees
- Preparing the ballpark for opening day
- Fielding and following up on questions by part time staff regarding clocking in and out, wages, schedules, dress code etc.
- Fielding questions and explaining payroll to the guardians of staff members at times
- Ability to think on one's feet and problem solve
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to adapt on the fly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and desire to interact with over 300 part time staff members and 7,000 fans
- Doesn’t mind working with computers with attention to detail
- Not averse to working outdoors
Big Top Baseball is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2017. BTB annually hires more than 50 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Madison Mallards, Green Bay Bullfrogs, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Each team plays 36 home games from late May through August. Internships run from mid-May through the completion of the season, near the end of August. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews will start in November and will continue until all positions are filled. All Interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. All Interns will receive a housing & travel stipend for this internship. For more information on the Mallards internship program, see MallardsBaseball.com.
How To Apply For This Internship