Sports Information Intern / Sports Management
Special Olympics Maryland
The Sports Information Intern will develop the Special Olympics Maryland Sports Information program through the collection and distribution of biographical information.
Reports To: Vice President of Communications and Brand Management
- Prepare biographical information for select Special Olympics Maryland athlete leaders to be
used for news releases for local newspapers and radio stations.
- Prepare biographical information for release on the Special Olympics Maryland website for
viewing by external sources.
- Create a day where professional photographs are taken and biographical information is
gathered at Special Olympics Maryland Headquarters.
- Design and create athlete trading cards.
- Create one event in the community (Area/County program) where all of the above information can be collected in a remote setting. This will include booking a volunteer photographer and volunteers to gather and collate information.
As the Sports Information Intern, you will gain the following experience:
- Project Management
- Event Planning and Management
- Write Press Releases
- Design and populate a website
- Must be a college/university student and receive college credit for internship.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to work independently with scheduled regular contact with Vice President for
Communications and Brand Management.
- Technology Skills including Microsoft Office, web design (preferred), Adobe Suite (preferred)
- Desired Major of Communications, Education, or Sports Management.
- Remote work from campus/home is possible
- Flexible weekdays based on school schedule.
- Must be available to work some weekends.
How To Apply For This Internship