Marketing Intern / Sports Management
Special Olympics Maryland
The Special Olympics Maryland (SOMD) Marketing Intern will partner with organizational department heads to design and produce programmatic marketing materials. Projects may include both sports and special event marketing. Projects will be identified based on organizational need, and the skills and interests of the interns.
Reports To: Vice President of Communications and Brand Management and SOMD Department Staff
- Prepare biographical information for select Special Olympics Maryland athlete leaders to be
used for news releases for local newspapers and radio stations.
- Prepare biographical information for release on the Special Olympics Maryland website for
viewing by external sources.
- Design and create athlete trading cards.
- Gather compelling stories of Special Olympics Maryland through interviews and on-site
- Write stories and press releases to raise awareness of Special Olympics Maryland in the
- Design and teach one Athlete Leadership Course on blogging and story writing to better equip
athlete leaders to produce stories and maintain blogs highlighting their experiences within
Special Olympics Maryland.
As the Sports Information Intern, you will gain the following experience:
- Project Management
- Client Services and Fulfillment
- Print and Web-based marketing design
- Strategic Marketing
- Must be a college/university student and receive college credit for internship.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to work independently with scheduled regular contact with Vice President for
Communications and Brand Management.
- Technology Skills including Microsoft Office, web design (preferred), Adobe Suite (preferred),
and comfort with social media outlets
- Desired Major of Communications, Marketing, Business, Sports Management
- Remote work from campus/home is possible
- Flexible weekdays based on school schedule.
How To Apply For This Internship