Donor Relations Internship / Sports Management
Special Olympics Maryland
As a program offered without cost to participants, Special Olympics Maryland relies heavily on
the generosity of individual monetary and in-kind gifts in support of our athletes. The Donor
Relations Intern supports the work of the Vice President for Donor Relations and Donor
Relations Coordinator to ensure proper tracking and communication with those who make
individual gifts to Special Olympics Maryland.
Reports To: VP, Donor Relations and Donor Relations Coordinator
- Organize individual donations and special event checks for Special Olympics Maryland
and its local programs.
- Accurately enter donation information.
- Assist the Donor Relations Coordinator in creating monthly newsletters and electronic
communication for donor recruitment.
- Run donation reports to be used at staff meetings and in board communication.
- Maintain accurate records of donations and receipts for donors.
Learning Outcomes: Students completing this internship will gain experience in the following:
- Donor Relations and Cultivation
- Electronic Communication
- Database organization
- Technical report writing
- Current undergraduate or graduate student seeking a for-credit internship.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Meeting schedules and deadlines for events.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Enjoys working with people and a good sense of humor.
- On-site work is required
- Flexible weekdays based on schedule, but available during normal business hours.
How To Apply For This Internship