Experience & Education Requirements
- Must have completed a minimum of three years in an accredited four-year college/university degree program OR currently enrolled in a Masters or MBA program
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.0. Academic transcripts (official or unofficial) will be requested
- Some prior internship and/or work experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated interest in working in professional sports
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States and international students must have all visas and employment authorizations prior to the start of the internship.
- Completion of this application assumes eligibility to work in the United States.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and File Maker Pro a plus.
- Interest in Sports Television production
NFL Summer Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through challenging project assignments, speaker presentations, mentoring relationships, and networking opportunities.
An intern for the Product Design team will be expected to participate and shadow the product teams as they work through various design challenges on their respective platforms (browser, CTV, mobile, Fantasy). The intern is expected to spend a specific set of time (2-3 sprints) with each of these product teams to gain valuable insights and experience across each platform. They will learn how the NFL brand extends across platform and how the user experience and visual design stays consistent across products. They will be expected to help and participate in design and user experience challenges, solve creative problems, and offer any insights and concepts to the team they are working within.
The candidate should be in a design related major, (graphic, interface, product, interactive) and have knowledge of how design is executed across mobile, browser, and connected televisions. They will need to be detailed oriented, have the ability to manage their time efficiently, and possess a positive attitude coupled with a diligent work ethic. They are expected to have a working knowledge of various design programs, such as Sketch or the Adobe Creative Cloud. Any work experience within an digital agency or product design agency is a plus.
The summer program covers a minimum of 9 weeks, from Monday, June 4, 2018 through Friday, August 3rd, 2018. Please note that some departments may require their interns to work past the official end date. If so, this will be communicated to the applicant during the interview process. Interns will be required to work five (5) full days (approximately 40 hours) per week. Interns will be paid an hourly rate for their work.
Application Details & Deadline:
In addition to submitting your resume and completing your online profile, you will be required to answer the following essay questions:
- How will your participation in this program contribute to your long-term career objectives?
- The NFL's core values are Integrity, Resiliency, Respect, and Responsibility to Team. Please choose one of our values, define it in your own words, and give an example of a time that you have exemplified that value in your educational or professional life.
A completed application constitutes the completion and submission of all relevant fields in the profile, including the program specific questions and résumé. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, January 5, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. No exceptions will be made for those who miss the application deadline.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are not selected, you will receive an email notification. Please do not contact the NFL regarding the status of your application.