Program Services Internship / Amateur Sports
Special Olympics Iowa
- Assist with the processing and management of registration materials such as physicals,
volunteer applications and coach certifications
- Attend and help ensure effective management at competitions and special events/programs
- Data entry in Games Management System (GMS)
- Coordinate communication with volunteers and delegations
- Assist with execution of Special Olympics Iowa Special Programs such as Challenge Days, Play Days, Athlete Leadership and Healthy Athletes
- Assist with equipment inventory, ordering, loading and unloading for events
- Help with Scheduling
- Assist with event preparations, including the processing of registration materials and awards
- Other duties and projects as assigned
This position will work with the program team to help execute effective competitions, events and programs, while raising awareness about the mission of Special Olympics Iowa. The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior college student in the field of sports management, therapeutic recreation and/or event planning. The student must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be detail oriented and have excellent computer skills.
This non-paid internship offers outstanding opportunities to build a portfolio and resume in addition to solid career experience. Special Olympics Iowa will work with the intern to develop a schedule that coordinates with their classes and/or employment.
The position is open until filled. Interested students are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter as soon as possible.
How To Apply For This Internship