Graduate Intern - Finance, National Campus / Sports Management
Graduate Intern - Finance, National Campus
Working within the Finance division of the USTA, a Graduate Intern will work on a project (or projects) that will provide a significant opportunity for experiential learning and and/or research. Through this project, the intern will become fully immersed in USTA Operations and will have access to opportunities for professional engagement and mentoring by USTA staff in the creation of business plans and outlines for revenue ideation projects for primarily for the USTA National Campus with some support of projects for USTA University.
The Internship, presented in collaboration with the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, is structured to provide an integrative learning experience that amplifies and complements the intern's coursework. The projects and research that the intern will be exposed to include:
- Tennis fantasy camps
- New Tennis tournament creation in scholastic arenas (that attract top high school, junior and graduated college players)
- Development of long-term plan for a corporate tennis program partnership with up and coming Lake Nona organizations and existing Lake Nona HOAs
- Financial modeling for online course offerings (including those developed in-house and those developed by third-parties), time permitting
Applicants must be first year MBAs with a Finance concentration and must have significant financial modeling and research skills. Strong analytical and communication skills, as well as proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint, are also desired. Intern should be adept at reading financial statements and possess the ability to build basic P&Ls. A tennis background at the high school, collegiate or club level is a plus.
Application deadline: January 31, 2018
- The internship runs between the dates of June 18th through August 10th.
- The pay is $25/hour based on a 32 hours workweek.
- Intern will have the opportunity for exposure to senior leadership across the organization
- No housing provided - intern will have to secure his/her own housing
- Relatives of the USTA National Staff will not be considered.
How To Apply For This Internship