Grad Intern-Finance, Pro Tennis-Mktg &Bus. Ops / Sports Management
Graduate Intern - Finance, Pro Tennis-Marketing-Business Ops
Working within the Finance division of the USTA, a Graduate Intern will work on a project (or projects) that will provide a significant opportunity for experiential learning and and/or research. Through this project, the intern will become fully immersed in USTA Operations and will have access to opportunities for pr The Internship, presented in collaboration with the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, is structured to provide an integrative learning experience that amplifies and complements the intern's coursework. The projects and research that the intern will be exposed to include:
The Internship, presented in collaboration with the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, is structured to provide an integrative learning experience that amplifies and complements the intern's coursework. The projects and research that the intern will be exposed to include:
- Budget Preparation Support
- Budget Presentation Support
- Analysis related to the US Open
- ROI Analysis on potential cap ex projects / investments
- Expense tracking projects
- Coding and pre-review of invoices(invoices will then be approved by authorized approver)
- Contract abstracts/ summaries
- General Ledger financial close support
- Many other ad hoc projects as assigned by Sr. Director, Pro Tennis, Marketing, Business Ops
- The intern will gain excellent experience in Finance, Accounting and learn about applying those concepts to supporting Pro Tennis, US Open, Business Ops and Marketing.
Applicants must be first year MBAs (ideally Finance/Accounting Concentration) and must have proficiency with Excel and strong analytical skills. PowerPoint skills are helpful but not required. GPA of 3.3 or above preferred.
Application deadline: January 31, 2018
- The internship runs between the dates of June 18th through August 10th.
- The pay is $25/hour based on a 32 hours workweek.
- Intern will have the opportunity for exposure to senior leadership across the organization
- No housing provided - intern will have to secure his/her own housing
Relatives of the USTA National Staff will not be considered.
How To Apply For This Internship