Entertainment Internship - Summer 2018 / Pro Sports
The Kalamazoo Growlers and Battle Creek Bombers are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Entertainment experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organizations:
The Kalamazoo Growlers are a 2014 Northwoods League expansion team beginning their fifth season of play in 2018. The Growlers continue the rich history of baseball in Kalamazoo, carrying on the tradition of the Kalamazoo Kodiaks and Kalamazoo Kings. Homer Stryker Field, a 2,543 seat park located in Kalamazoo’s Mayors Riverfront Park is the home field of the Growlers.
The Battle Creek Bombers return for their 12th season in the prestigious Northwoods League. The Bombers, 2011 Summer Collegiate World Series Champions, play in historic C.O. Brown Stadium, a 2,267 seat facility located in the heart of Battle Creek, Michigan.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: On or near the start of summer (May 15th)
End Date: On or near the end of summer (August 15th)
Academic Qualifications: Declared major or minor in Theater or Entertainment
(Other majors will be considered including, but not limited to: Advertising, Marketing, Graphic Design, Sport Management)
Description of Responsibilities:
· Create and implement guerrilla marketing campaigns throughout the community.
· Perform on-field promotions that could include dances, games, and skits
· Develop fan relations. You will be responsible for interacting with fans and improving the fan experience
· Assist in creating marketing campaigns and promotional efforts to improve in-stadium entertainment and sponsored content
· Organize and manage sponsored content throughout the season
· All other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Availability to work all games and events
· Extremely out going and personable
· Organized and professional
· Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
· Must be enthusiastic and comfortable with going on the field in front of fans
· Previous internship or job in entertainment or promotions is a plus but not required
· Ability to multi task and handle responsibility
· Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative
Compensation: Local housing/apartment (limited spaces available), Pre-game meals
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective required.
· Kalamazoo Growlers: Homer Stryker Field
· Battle Creek Bombers: C.O. Brown Stadium
How To Apply For This Internship