Intern-Strength & Conditioning - Summer 2018 / Sports Media
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative. This
program offers you, as the intern, the opportunity to become directly involved in the day to day activities in the UFC Performance Institute. We strive to make your internship experience challenging and interesting and make every effort to tailor it to your specific career aspirations.
At the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) we deliver performance-impacting physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the worlds best MMA and combat athletes. Our core values are aligned to maximizing the health & wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support athletes and coaches optimize their training, preparation, and ultimately their performance in the octagon.
The UFC Performance Institute is seeking a Strength & Conditioning Intern to support the delivery of physical training services within our new state-of-the-art facility. The internship will assist the Director of Strength & Conditioning in delivering performance-enhancing services to elite MMA athletes accessing the UFCPI on a daily basis. The Intern will have the opportunity to be involved with a variety of essential tasks; including assisting in the delivery of strength training sessions, giving technical coaching cues to athletes, supporting metabolic conditioning and speed/agility training, leading warm-up and movement preparation activities, engaging in athlete monitoring and assessment, managing weight room hygiene and cleanliness, and other associated tasks as required. The intern will be required to establish strong personal working relationships with athletes and coaches, and will be required to work independently in supporting our Strength & Conditioning mission. Strength & Conditioning represents a critical component in the UFCPI’s portfolio of services, and this internship position is central in supporting our efforts to provide world-leading services to MMA athletes.
In addition to the monetary compensation provided, this position offers the opportunity for advancement in the field of Strength & Conditioning. The internship supports the fulfillment of any credit hours towards a degree program, and the successful candidate will gain hands on experience working with elite athletes.
1. Assist the Director of Strength & Conditioning in any physical training-related tasks
2. Assist the Director of Strength & Conditioning in planning and preparing physical training activities.
3. Deliver small group and/or individual warm-up exercises as required.
4. Implement monitoring and assessment interventions as required.
5. Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of the weight room environment is maintained within the facility
6. Act in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas as required.
Skills & Experience:
1. Candidates must be enrolled in an institution of higher education pursuing a degree relevant to the internship.
2. Candidates must possess or be working towards CSCS, CSCCa, or another internationally recognized certification.
3. Candidates must have an outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
4. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively.
5. Candidates must have a strong desire to work with elite combat athletes.
6. Experience working with athletes from weight-categorized sports is desired.
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
Zuffa conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
How To Apply For This Internship