ESPN Business Systems group within Enterprise Systems Engineering develops and builds systems used across ESPN Business Units and their business partners. This includes Enterprise API's, System Integrations and Business Applications.
Responsibilities As a Software Engineer - Intern focused on Enterprise Systems Engineering at ESPN, you will help build and maintain Middleware Systems that serve ESPN Business Units and its partners. You will work with modern server-side technologies to deliver scalable, well performing API's and system integrations.
- Build new features with the API team.
- Help test and validate that APIs are working per defined Use Cases.
- Work with senior engineers to implement features following established best practices
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Real world exposure to software development with data
- Working knowledge of Java/Java EE or NodeJS
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Required Education Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Preferred Education Undergraduate junior going into their senior year
Company Overview ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company's mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 to August 2018
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Bristol, CT area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 accumulative