Job Description POSITION SUMMARY
VF Corporation's Digital Lab is looking for a Global eCommerce Strategy Intern eager to learn our complex and constantly changing Direct to Consumer business. Based in Alameda, California, this is an exciting opportunity to jump-start or continue a career with a global leader in apparel, footwear and accessories. Students or recent grads will be encouraged to apply their academic knowledge in a professional work environment and acquire new skills to better prepare them for their career. VF is dedicated to creating a meaningful experience by providing challenging assignments relevant to an Interns ? eld of study while connecting managers to top talent for their future hiring needs.
This internship provides hands on exposure to the digital platform that allows VF to deliver brand-right, high-quality and on-trend products that our customers value. Over the course of 10-weeks, the Global eCommerce Strategy Intern will help research and advise on what the consumer demographic looks for when it comes to personalizing the shopping experience across online and in store channels via specific projects that will be impactful to VF's business.
This experience will bring networking opportunities with professionals and peers in similar career paths, learning and development workshops to promote your growth and provide direct exposure to Executives. The internship will conclude with a presentation of your final project to the Digital Lab's Executive Team. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Apply v arious r esea r ch techniques and analytical methods t o the study systems, o r ganizational structu r es, policies, p r ocedu r es and p r ocesses as th e y r elate t o the VF Consumer business.
- Own a major work stream focused on research in assessing growth opportunities in ecommerce to produce to the following deliverables:
- Write a digital pl a ybook for our global b r ands around Personalization. This will include insights with best practices and benchmark of the Brands.
- Conduct Customer Journey Mapping with insights and data to produce a very high-level insight sheet that covers best practices.
- Partner with Product team to produce a tactical KPI Reporting Dashboard.
- Participate in key go-to-market process activities with ecommerce product teams.
- Conduct analytics around consumer behaviors, industry trends, competitive environment, opportunity sizing and growth and partnership opportunities.
- Assist in tracking and managing KPI and metrics to drive core strategies.
- Partner closely with product management and VF brands in the following functional areas: eCommerce, Merchandising, Marketing, Analytics, and Content.
- Develop expertise on retail industry, ecommerce and retail innovation.
- Conduct special p r ojects or tasks as assigned.
- Strong interest in the apparel/footwear or technology industry.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to use data to frame, dissect and solve problems. Quantitative strength and an ability to logically 'connect the dots.'
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; detail oriented and thorough.
- Ability to work well with diverse co-workers across global regions.
- Drive to seek out new learning opportunities; possess intellectual curiosity with the ability to learn new information quickly.
- Team orientated as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities.
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational capabilities.
- High degree of flexibility and initiative.