Rock star design student and a lover of bikes... SUMMARY
Are you excited to learn from some of the most talented designers in the industry and develop your expertise? Are you stoked to support the development of the best cycling apparel, footwear and equipment on the market? Do you enjoy collaborating with brilliant minds to produce top-notch products? Would people call you creative and inquisitive, yet very organized? If you were able to answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you! HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Help organize and visualize the breadth of our product offerings before new designs go to production
- Create drawings, color-ways and tech-packs to explain the design intent of the team
- Partner with senior designers to participate in the various stages of product design and development, including:
- Creating 2D drawings and some renderings of new designs
- Attending fit sessions
- Helping to create and evaluate visual line plans across the softgoods and footwear line
- Gathering and compiling market research and inspiration
- Concept sketching and brainstorming
- Stellar academics - currently enrolled as a junior or senior year in a strong fashion or product design program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You're naturally curious and love a challenge
- Strong organizational skills
- Good comfort level with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Passion for cycling or other outdoor sports and activities
- The internship runs for 6 months
- Internships are full-time, paid and accommodations at our intern house can be provided to assist in your relocation.
- We have a casual work environment, many dog bellies to rub, an endless supply of espresso and ride the raddest bikes on earth!
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth, and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.