Job Description Moravian College
, an NCAA Division III institution located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania is accepting applications for an intern position (10 months) for the Women's Basketball program. The basketball intern provides assistance to the department in coaching/administration for the Moravian College Women's Basketball team. The basketball intern reports to the head coach and assists in all matters relating to operations in the sport of basketball. The basketball intern is also responsible for implementing programs and strategies to attract quality student-athletes to the College consistent with the policies and regulations governing NCAA Division III institutions, the conference, and the college. The administrative portion of the position will be assigned in game management and/or other areas as determined by the Director of Athletics. BENEFITS:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stipend - $7,500 if housing option is not chosen
- Stipend - $4,500 if housing option is chosen; housing is for 12 months
- Limited meal plan provided during the academic year
- Tuition availability (all in accordance with employee handbook)
(Note: This is a full-time intern position (10 months) and requires a minimum of 37.5 hours/week. The examples below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in position allocated to this class. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assist Head Coach in practice organization, game planning and game day coaching.
- Assist Head Coach with all phases of recruiting: high school visits, scouting amateur athletic events, follow-up contacts, and scheduling of campus visits
- Assist with administrative duties as directed by the head coach: academic supervision of team members, conditioning programs, travel arrangements for away games, recruiting data and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with other coaching, recruiting and/or administrative responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Head Coach.
- Serve as a game manager for varsity sport programs as assigned by the Athletics Director or her designated administrator.
- Performs other duties and special projects that may be assigned by the Head Coach or the Athletics Director.
Bachelor's degree required. Past playing and/or coaching experience required; intercollegiate level preferred. Related coaching experience in other areas/levels considered (directly related personal experience or college courses may be substituted equally for up to one year's experience); or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, and the applicant must be able to work well with student-athletes. Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered. TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Mary Beth Spirk, Head Women's Basketball Coach/Director of Athletics & Recreation at email@example.com . Please send all electronic documentation in one (1) document formatted as a PDF file
. The subject line should state 'INTERN- Basketball'
. In addition, please list three (3) references with contact information. Review of the applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to (610) 861-1424.
More information about Moravian sports can be found at www.moraviansports.com .