Fit and Wear Test Intern (1 Year) / Sports Equipment
*Length of Internship Position - ONE YEAR*
This position will assist in the development of New Balance footwear by supporting the company's Marketing, R&D and Quality groups through Fit and Wear Testing of prototype and commercialized products to achieve the strategic corporate initiative of bringing provably superior products to market. This is a 40 hour per week position in the Fit and Wear Testing group in Lawrence, MA. Fit Testing
- Review style history, prepare a fit testing plan, co-ordinate testing with development timelines.
- Measure select samples/teardowns to confirm products are to specification.
- Identify/Qualify appropriate testers.
- Conduct Static tests for (at a minimum) 2nd protos, confirmations, and extremes, primarily utilizing NB associates but also external testers as appropriate.
- Conduct Dynamic tests on key styles, utilizing external testers whenever possible and NB associates as appropriate.
- Conduct Comparative tests on prototypes and commercialized products, as well as competitor samples, utilizing NB associates and external testers as appropriate.
- Analyze data, prepare test reports, communicate findings to Developer/PDM.
- Work with Development group on corrective actions as appropriate.
- Prepare and conduct Inline Verification and/or Proof-of-Concept wear tests of prototype and commercialized footwear, apparel and accessories.
- Collaborate with Supervisor and test requestor to define research parameters, prepare a testing plan;
- Use existing templates or create test-specific feedback forms and tester instructions; identify best available testers from database; prepare and ship product to testers; collect data on all key product attributes utilizing the wear test web-based system (or when appropriate, paper-based system):
- Evaluate applications, and grade and otherwise maintain large database of volunteer testers.
- Communicate with testers via email/phone to obtain supplemental test feedback, maintain accurate database profiles, and/or resolve issues.
- Review and interpret feedback forms; inspect tested products and document observations;
- Analyze test results, prepare reports, make product improvement recommendations;
- Compare test product to predecessor and other relevant styles, including competitor.
Coordinate test plans with Sports Research Lab
- Work with Supervisor to alert key individuals to significant issues discovered in testing.
Participate in product ideation sessions and concept reviews.
- Act as the end-user and product quality advocate during product concept evaluations utilizing knowledge gained from fit and wear testing relevant/related products.
We're happy to provide traditional benefits, but to us, the greatest benefit of working at New Balance is taking advantage of additional programs that will enhance your life at work and at home as you grow with our business. Each associate is encouraged to take ownership and mold their development process. To guide you in the process we offer traditional and nontraditional development opportunities, including mentor programs, to help you move your body or career, in which our executives participate as mentors. We also offer customized team sessions, on and off-site seminars and tuition reimbursement.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.
How To Apply For This Internship