Michigan State Intercollegiate Athletics has two openings for full-time communications staff assistant internships to begin work in mid-August 2018. We are looking for a dynamic person to work on the front lines with multiple sports. This is a nine month internship (40 hours per week). Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Assist in all operations of the Office of Athletic Communications and responsibility to work with multiple sports
- Assist with football, men's and women's basketball, and ice hockey
- Assist with gameday duties at athletic events and aid in creating content
- Help further develop the initiatives in new/social media and multimedia on the department's official website, www.msuspartans.com
- Complete other duties as assigned by Associate Athletics Director/Communications
- Bachelor's degree with a MINIMUM of two years experience as a sports information/athletic communications student assistant or intern (undergraduate or graduate)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Computer knowledge (word processing, statistical programs, desktop publishing)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrate sound judgment and discretion with sensitive information regarding student-athletes, university staff, and the Athletic Department.
- The MSU Athletic Communications office uses Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Stat Crew Software; previous experience with these programs is preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends
To apply, send cover letter, resume, relevant references, writing samples and any other related materials to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: There will be occasional opportunities to work additional events for extra pay. Position is available to enroll in a Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) through Michigan State University.
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The University actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.