We offer a variety of internship opportunities for students who are interested in enhancing their academic experience with real-world experience in their field. Our goal is to cultivate a mutually beneficial relationship. While the intern provides his or her supervisor with professional and efficient support, the supervisor will educate the intern on the specific components of non-profit management and give him or her hands-on experience.
Numerous interns are needed year round for internships throughout the state. We provide internship opportunities in volunteer management, sports, communications and development.Scheduling:
The scheduling of internship programs is determined by the supervisor and the intern. The time commitment ranges from 10-40 hours per week. Generally our internships follow the academic calendar. We have a fall, spring and summer internship program.Compensation:
Internships are offered on a volunteer basis.Development InternKey Accountabilities:
- Assist with general office management (i.e. typing, filing, copying, faxing)
Management of online fundraising platforms
- Communication with participants, vendors, and sponsors for upcoming sponsorship events
- Assist with the driving outside participation in fundraising events (Over the Edge Raleigh, Plane Pull, Polar Plunges, etc.)
- Assist with the research, planning, coordination and implementation of fund raising events
- Assist in implementing the fund raising plan for Special Olympics North Carolina
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data relating to fund raising for Special Olympics North Carolina
- Other duties as assigned
Computer Experience Requirements:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- College degree emphasis in sports management, communications, non-profit management or related degree.
- Must have a valid driverís license.
- Attend work regularly as scheduled.
- Have the ability to attend event and related functions as assigned.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner.
- Task oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
Experience with PC Microsoft Windows and the software programs associated with Windows in particular but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.