PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A unique learning opportunity for 2019 college students interested in pursuing a career in TV News; interns will gain valuable exposure and experience in areas of the newsroom including the Assignment Desk, Planning Desk, Investigative Unit, Special Projects and Sports.
NEWS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Interns in Special Projects have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of stories from hard news to features. They work closely with producers and reporters and can accompany them on shoots. Responsibilities include research, pre-interviews by phone and tape logging.
- Intern will be side by side with news department professionals, learning their craft and gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
- Each internship will be for approximately 3 months/1 semester. Candidates who are selected must be enrolled in college. This is a paid internship.
- The Internship will be considered "at will" employees and the Program can end at any time during each three/six month period at the station's sole discretion.
Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous
Only those individuals who are highly motivated need apply.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently seeking a Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Journalism or Communications.
- Strong social media and writing skills are preferred.
- Participation in college radio/TV stations/newspapers, magazines and websites will be taken into account.
- Previous internship or newsroom experience is very helpful.
- Excellent communication and computer skills are necessary.