**This is an un-paid, for academic credit internship**
Duration: College/University course dates
Boardriders, Inc. offers internships in various departments and provide college students with supervised practical experience in the workplace. You can intern in departments like Merchandising & Design, Retail Buying, Marketing, Public Relations, Operations and Human Resources to name a few.
To be considered for the Internship Program you MUST
- Be a Junior or Senior currently enrolled at a college or university; or enrolled in an MBA program AND
- Receive school credit for your internship AND
- Able to provide proof of health insurance
(Please note: Students are eligible to intern during their course dates. Students may not begin before course date or continue past course date unless authorization letter is provided) What would you be doing?
The Footwear Design intern will be responsible for assisting the RX FTW design team in trend/market research, creating seasonal color palettes and graphic/print design work, material and sample organization, and helping out with set ups for global design meetings. In addition to this the intern will put together a final design project that includes trend direction, color/material details and technical flats for a future season. This project can be used in the interns design portfolio when they graduate.What Skills, Major or Experience are we looking for?
- Fashion and Footwear Design Majors and/or Graphic/Print Design majors preferred
- Basic design computer skills needed : Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Ability to research and analyze key design trends
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Interns receive a discount at our campus store
- Attend company events
- Unlimited networking opportunities
- Casual work environment- "shorts, flip flops and tee shirts are acceptable!"