Part-time intern - home games only + 5 additional sales eventsCompensation:
$12.00 per hour (non-exempt)Department:
Ticket SalesReports to:
Ticket Sales and Service CoordinatorLocation:
March – November 2019; Game Days ABOUT REPUBLIC FC:
Sacramento Republic FC is a record-breaking USL Championship soccer club with MLS ambitions, including a planned state-of-the-art 20,000 seat stadium. This is your opportunity to join the soccer movement in Sacramento and take your career to new heights! 'Sactown' provides a wealth of opportunity from a selling perspective - a top 20 media market that has been named one of the ‘Nation’s Greatest Cities for Food Lovers’ by the Wall Street Journal and 'America's Most Diverse City' by Time Magazine, and is conveniently located in the heart of Northern California. OUR TICKET SALES INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
The Republic FC Ticket Sales Internship Program is the perfect opportunity for Sales, Marketing, Business, or other related field, current or college-graduated students who are eager to gain ticket sales, service, and event management experience. These candidate will receive first-hand business experience working with SRFC employees on all matchdays and ticketing events. Additionally, candidates will partake in four three-hour sports-education seminars, hosted by the club’s Executive Vice President, specifically designed to educate on all departments in the organization, how they function, and the various manners in which they work together. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct support to the Ticket Sales & Service teams.
- Assist staff in setting up and breaking down the Ticket Information Center, Group Sales tents, and other stations as required, ensuring all necessary materials are properly displayed and stored correctly.
- Coordinate existing matchday ticket membership engagement programs such as our “Benchwamers” program, Pre-match chalk talks, Pre-match photos, High-5 Tunnel, flag bearers, “Shoot for Your Season,” post-match photos and player visits.
- Help develop new group sales initiatives that will increase ticket sales for the club.
- Assist in the development of a sales database for future leads and clientele.
- Research and develop new sales initiatives.
- Promote current ticket packages to potential purchasers.
- Such other duties consistent with the position as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull up to 40 pounds unassisted, on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to physically work outdoors in inclement and/or hot weather.
- Available to work all home matches during the entire USL season (March – October 2019) - schedule can be found here .
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Excellent relationship-building, communication, and interpersonal skills including a "can-do" attitude, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external individuals, as well as with all levels of an organization.
- Extremely coachable (i.e., responds well to constructive feedback) and eager to learn every day.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and ability to show initiative.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Republic FC and the United Soccer League highly preferred, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?