We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. USL Work Experience Program 2019 Job Title:
Corporate Strategy UWEPPosition Type:
Internship - For College Credit Hours Only †Semester:
Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)†Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
United Soccer League is one of the largest operators of soccer properties in the United States. † USL currently owns and operates a Division II professional league (USL - Championship), a Division III professional league (League One), a pre-professional U23 league (League Two), and an elite level youth soccer league (Super Y League). † Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the USL provides unparalleled club support with a growing team of more than 50 professionals across 17 departments, ranging from operations to digital, communications, and club services. †
Under the direction and guidance of USL Executives and Leaders (mentors), the USL Work Experience Program (UWEP) provides students with the unique opportunity to gain practical sport management experience in a professional sports league setting.† By working on various strategic projects and initiatives, UWEP participants will gain hands on experience with league staff as well as its member teams.
†Participants are tasked with and responsible for working within a specialized department but will interact with all league departments across the organization including: finance, business development, digital, marketing, team services, analytics, and more, with the ultimate goal of providing well-rounded practical work experience in sports to students.†Position Purpose
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Strategy, the Corporate Strategy UWEP supports the Corporate Strategy Department by working on various strategic projects that help the League optimize its operational, financial, organizational, and overall strategic direction. This position is responsible for working with all key business units across the entire organization, including finance, sponsorships, broadcasting, new business development, digital, marketing, team services, analytics, and legal, with the ultimate goals of developing improved processes and maximizing return of investment for the organization. Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with mapping of all team chart of accounts to USL Standard Chart of Accounts
- Prepare Monthly & Quarterly team & organization financial reports
- Assist in due diligence process and development of the financial strategy new business ventures†
- Assist with the creation of reporting decks for all levels of leadership†
- †Assist in streamlining all company reporting, which includes ticketing, broadcast, social media, etc.†
- Create financial projections and presentations to be used for franchise expansion†
- Conduct due diligence for expansion franchises and clubs across all USL properties†
- Assist in the overall strategy formation of various strategic initiatives†
- Assist in building financial models to support significant investment decisions†
- Participants must be working towards a bachelorís or masterís degree in related field and/or training and must certify that they are able to receive college credit from an accredited college or university for their participation.
- The role will require the ability to bring sound business judgment and analytical mindset to a number of disparate projects and will also require a solid understanding of how to utilize technology and analytics to improve business work flows.
- Student must be majoring in either Accounting or Finance.†
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a team-first mentality.†
- Should be extremely organized and detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistency
- Solid financial, analytic skills along with strong people skills, computer skills, and internet knowledge.†
- Ability to work under fluid deadlines.
- Knowledge of sports/soccer is preferred but not required.
†Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to receive college credit from an accredited college or university for your participation in the Work Experience Program?
What days & hours would you be able to participate in the Work Experience Program?