We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. USL Work Experience Program 2019 Job Title:
League Two Video Analyst UWEPPosition Type:
Internship - For College Credit Hours Only Semester:
Summer 2019 Location:
Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters) Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
United Soccer League is one of the largest operators of soccer properties in the United States. USL currently owns and operates a Division II professional league (USL - Championship), a Division III professional league (League One), a pre-professional U23 league (League Two), and an elite level youth soccer league (Super Y League). Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the USL provides unparalleled club support with a growing team of more than 50 professionals across 17 departments, ranging from operations to digital, communications, and club services. Program Purpose
Under the direction and guidance of USL Executives and Leaders (mentors), the USL Work Experience Program (UWEP) provides students with the unique opportunity to gain practical sport management experience in a professional sports league setting. By working on various strategic projects and initiatives, UWEP participants will gain hands on experience with league staff as well as its member teams.
Participants are tasked with and responsible for working within a specialized department but will interact with all league departments across the organization including finance, business development, digital, marketing, team services, analytics, and more, with the ultimate goal of providing well-rounded practical work experience in sports to students. Position Purpose
Under the direction of the League Two team, the League Two Video Analyst UWEP supports the department by viewing all video on the league’s official video hosting platform to ensure league standards are met for broadcast quality and statistical recording. Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing league management and competition issues (i.e., player discipline) via the video platform
- Assist with ensuring all teams comply with uploading their game footage to the video hoisting platform
- Ensuring the statics recorded in the video (goals, assists, etc.) are recorded properly
- Assist with compiling team information
Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
- Participants must be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field and/or training and must certify that they are able to receive college credit from an accredited college or university for their participation.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint are a must.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn.
- Should be extremely organized and detail oriented, with a focus on quality and consistency.
- Ability to work under fluid deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Basic knowledge of “live streaming” to digital platforms (Youtube, Facebook, etc.)
- Knowledge of sports/soccer operations is required.
Are you able to receive college credit from an accredited college or university for your participation in the Work Experience Program?
What days & hours would you be able to participate in the Work Experience Program?