We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. USL Work Experience Program 2019 Job Title:
Digital Asset & Video Production UWEPPosition Type:
Internship - For College Credit Hours Only Semester:
Summer 2019 Location:
Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters) Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
United Soccer League is one of the largest operators of soccer properties in the United States. USL currently owns and operates a Division II professional league (USL - Championship), a Division III professional league (League One), a pre-professional U23 league (League Two), and an elite level youth soccer league (Super Y League). Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the USL provides unparalleled club support with a growing team of more than 50 professionals across 17 departments, ranging from operations to digital, communications, and club services. Program Purpose
Under the direction and guidance of USL Executives and Leaders (mentors), the USL Work Experience Program (UWEP) provides students with the unique opportunity to gain practical sport management experience in a professional sports league setting. By working on various strategic projects and initiatives, UWEP participants will gain hands on experience with league staff as well as its member teams.
Participants are tasked with and responsible for working within a specialized department but will interact with all league departments across the organization including: finance, business development, digital, marketing, team services, analytics, and more, with the ultimate goal of providing well-rounded practical work experience in sports to students. Position Purpose
Under the direction of the Creative Services team, the Digital Asset & Video Production UWEP supports the Creative Services department by organizing, storing, and retrieving media and assisting with the collection and production of video content. The Participant will assume an integral role in the production of both graphic and video production across all USL channels. Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains the PhotoShelter system by tagging and documenting photography submitted by teams.
- Assembles videos using WSC video clip server
- Facilitates retrieval of previously cataloged images/video.
- Quality control of all incoming and outgoing digital assets (mostly photography).
- Basic digital video editing of projects as assigned using Adobe CC.
- May be asked to shoot or assist in the shooting of video content.
Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
- Participants must be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field and/or training and must certify that they are able to receive college credit from an accredited college or university for their participation.
- Needs to have strong communication, organizational and solid project management skills.
- Digital video editing experience, preferably with Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Experience shooting video a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn.
- Should be extremely organized and detail oriented, with a focus on quality and consistency.
- Ability to work under fluid deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of sports/soccer is preferred, but not required.
Are you able to receive college credit from an accredited college or university for your participation in the Work Experience Program?
What days & hours would you be able to participate in the Work Experience Program?