The Dallas Mavericks are currently seeking part-time Player Development Interns for the 2019-20 season. These are 29 hour work week paid positions with a start date of September 1 until season end.
The Dallas Mavericks internship program is part-time and allow participants the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization.
A successful applicant should be self-motivated; demonstrate strong relationship building skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to work creatively and proactively while collaborating in a team environment. The candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities. The Player Development Interns will be responsible for:
- Assisting Mavs coaches with on court drills and workouts
- Working early mornings, evenings and weekends and be on call when the team is in town
- Beginning the position on September 1 until season end
- Previous basketball experience at collegiate or professional level required
- Recent collegiate basketball playing experience is preferred
- Candidates must be in good physical condition to carry out the duties of the position
- Must have access to an iPad (2nd generation or newer)
- Must successfully complete background and drug screening
The Dallas Mavericks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
How many years of previous basketball experience at collegiate or professional level do you have?
How many years of recent collegiate basketball playing experience do you have?
Do you currently or have you ever worked for the Dallas Mavericks? If so, when and what department?