Position:† † † † † † † †
† † † † † † † Various Hours:
† † † † † † † † † Various Reports to:
† † † † † †Tournament Director
†About the HJGT
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tourís vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the HJGT. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the world hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour.
In 2017, the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour announced a partnership with Nexus, an international hospitality and entertainment company backed by financier Joe Lewis and Tavistock Group, golfing great Tiger Woods and musician and entertainer Justin Timberlake, which will further our collective goal of growing the game of golf, broadening the Tourís reach across the U.S. and around the world.
Under the direct supervision and mentorship of HJGT Tournament Directors and Staff Members, Associates will learn how to operate golf tournaments through their active involvement with all aspects of tournament operations, from course setup to course breakdown. There will be no more than 4 associates to 1 full time tournament director.
The internship will provide direct hands on training and require extensive travel every weekend across the country, including: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Texas, Minnesota, Iowa, California, Arizona, New Jersey, and North Carolina. When interns are not traveling, they will be provided Business Operations training at the HJGT Headquarters through hands on learning and development provided by the Senior Leadership team. There are 6 operations teams across of the country. 2 of them live in full time housing which is in FL or GA while the other 4 teams are travel teams and they live in hotels during the duration of their program. Travel teams spend approximately1 full week in each city they visit.Requirements
The following items will be provided by the HJGT:
- Pursuing a degree in Business/Sports Management/Marketing
- This is an unpaid internship, and you must receive at least one (1) credit for the onsite experience from an accredited College/University.
- Pre- and Post Event-Press Releases
- Provide extensive customer service to all players and families
- Tournament Set-Up and Preparation Includes, but is not limited to:
- Marking of Golf Course, Tee and Hole Locations, Scoreboard Set-Up, Utility Set-Up
- Starting and Scoring of Players, On Course Rules Officiating, Pace of Play Management Experience/Skills
- Hotel Accommodations, Van transportation to and from tournament, Uniform, Laundry,† Discounted or FREE golf at host venues.
- Most meals while traveling to and from tournaments.
- Knowledge of golf (preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the associate may be required to work varying schedules including nights and weekend to reflect the business needs of the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.†Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
Will you be applying for college credit? HJGT interns MUST be able to receive at least 1 credit upon completion of the internship.
Are you able to relocate anywhere in the US for this position? (The HJGT provides FREE housing)
Please describe in detail your golf experience (if none write NA)
Please describe in detail your experience with event operations (if none write NA)
Dates for the program are Aug 21st - Dec 23rd please list any conflicts you have. If none please write (N/A)
Do you posess a valid US drivers license?