The Potomac Nationals are located 30 minutes south of our nationís capital and are the Class A Advanced affiliate of the Washington Nationals. The Nationals are seeking college students/ recent graduates who are passionate about working in the sports industry to be part of a team of general interns for the 2019 season. Interns will receive an inside look at the business of baseball, gaining experience in all areas of a professional sport franchiseís front office, including ticket sales and operations, marketing and promotions, stadium operations, and merchandising.†
The Potomac Nationals are in the process of building a new stadium in Fredericksburg, VA to open for the 2020 season. Interns may be asked to participate and aid in potential events regarding the new stadium project. †Overview:
You will work in and be exposed to the three main departments of our organization; Operations, Sales, and Marketing/Promotions. Daily tasks, responsibilities, and schedules may vary for each intern based on factors such as skill set, previous work experience, and personal interests.† While working as an intern with the Potomac Nationals you will be expected to put forth your best effort as the managers you work under give you the tools to succeed and grow your knowledge of the sports industry space you strive to work in.†Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:†
- Assisting the sales staff with season ticket, group sales, and corporate client prospecting
- Supporting the group sales department with gameday client hospitality
- Assisting with general front office business operations
- Participating in the teamís community outreach efforts†
- Assisting the stadium operations team by managing gameday staff and other various gameday duties†
- Providing reinforcements for the food and beverage operation
- Facilitating game day promotions and on field activities
- Collaborating with the front office staff in creating new and unique promotions and theme nights
- Candidates must be reliable, detail oriented, problem solvers, multi-task efficiently, have solid communication skills and writing ability, a strong work ethic, stellar customer service skills, and a strong team work mentality.†
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- The internship to start in early April (may begin sooner on case by case basis) and run through august (or sooner on a case by case basis).
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions; including rain, humidity, cold & heat
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds may be required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays during the Potomac Nationals 2019 Season†
- College credit
- Stipend with potential to earn sales commission
- Housing not provided†
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.†Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to start in early April? If not explain
Do you have housing in the Northern Virginia/Washington D.C. area available?