Media Relations/Social Media Intern (Fall) / Pro Sports
Maryland Black Bears
The Maryland Black Bears is a Junior Hockey Team that plays in the North American Hockey League (NAHL). After finishing their Inaugural Season (’18-’19), the Black Bears are looking to expand their Communications Team by adding Media Relations/Social Media Interns for the 2019-20 season.
These full-time, part-time, and game-day positions will all report to the Media Relations Manager to foster the development of the intern’s skills and knowledge in the field of Sports Communication. Note that there are also remote opportunities through graphic design responsibilities. These openings will have a heavy focus on Graphic Design, Social Media, Media Relations, Game Day Photography, Marketing, Promotions, and Language Development.
At the team level, the Communications Staff will work hard, smart, and collaboratively to enhance the experience of Maryland Black Bear Hockey. Ideal candidates will be flexible, hard-working, and comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment. Requirements:
- Undergraduate/graduate student looking to gain experience in the Sports Industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative mindset for social media content, press release language, and marketing ideas
- Proficient in Microsoft (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.); Must be technologically adept
- Ability to work cohesively with the Black Bears Front Office, Coaches, Game Operations Staff, and Volunteers
- Proactive and ambitious work style and able to be productive with minimal supervision
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Graphic Design; experience with PhotoShop, Adobe Suite, Canva, etc.
- General Hockey/Sports Knowledge
- Students majoring in Sports Management, Communications, Journalism, Marketing
- Experience with WordPress/SportsEngine
- Prior sports industry experience
- Assist in developing language for press releases, social media content, and marketing
- In-game social media coverage during all home games
- Create graphics for social media, promotional nights, and website
- Expand press list and help develop relationships with local and national sports reporters
- Develop Communication Strategies and Marketing Campaigns focused on building brand awareness and increasing fan engagement
- Prospect and contact organizations throughout the Central Maryland Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
What level of Graphic Design experience do you have?
What do you want to gain from this opportunity?
Are you interested in a full-time, part-time, or game day commitment?
What experience do you have managing social media accounts and drafting caption language?
How To Apply For This Internship