The Jacksonville Icemen are seeking highly motivated, outgoing, and dedicated candidates for our 2019-20 Season Internships. Candidates should expect to build upon their work experience in the fast-paced, results driven world of the ECHL.
Finalists will be contacted for interviews. All applications will be kept on file until the beginning of the internship program that each candidate applied for.Position Overview:
The internship program offers hands-on experience in our marketing department through implementing and planning off-season activities leading up to and through the conclusion of the 2019-2020 season. This internship is for outgoing, hardworking individuals who want to pursue a career in sports.
- Develop a variety of Icemen marketing materials including print and digital pieces.
- Incorporate feedback from marketing team and Icemen management to create multiple revisions of creative deliverables.
- Assist in planning and executing the Icemen social media plan and strategy.
- Assist with setup and teardown of arena on game days.
- Responsible for ensuring total fan and partner satisfaction during Icemen games.
- Assist with Partnership proposals as needed
- Meet deadlines and deliverables on time
- Attend community events and grassroots initiatives as a representative of the Icemen as needed.
- All other duties assigned
- Strong graphic design and production capabilities, including at least two years’ experience as a Graphic Designer
- Expertise using the Adobe Creative Cloud software (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), and Microsoft Office
- Flexibility in terms of handling a variety of assignments under tight deadlines while maintaining a strong focus on branding, consistency and quality
- Excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and writing abilities
- Independent, creative problem-solver
- Highly organized, motivated and responsible with good time and project management abilities
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a cross-team environment
- Knowledge of hockey a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
Do you have housing in the Jacksonville area?
Do you have experience using the Adobe Creative Suite?
Are you available to work nights and weekends?