Media Relations Intern / Sports Management
Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium
How did you hear about this job?
Title: Media Relations Intern
Department: Media & Promotions
Reports Directly To: Marketing & Promotions Manager and Media Relations Coordinator
Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium is looking to add a Media Relations Intern who will assist the Media Relations Coordinator overseeing all press box workers and equipment during the Spring Training and the Florida State League seasons.
Duties and Responsibilities
· PA system, Music computer, Video Board, Message Center and Scoreboard.
· Program music and DVD clips to help maximize fan entertainment, create and edit
· Train and supervise all press box staff.
· Assist with the planning and coordinating of on-field activities with promotions department.
· Program video board and message center equipment daily (head shots, stats, logos, etc.).
· Create visual content for the video board/message center for Spring Training and Florida
State League games.
· Work with team photographer to create a database of all baseball related photographs
including creating team baseball card sets.
· Write, issue all press releases, correspondence with media and issue game notes for each
· Write feature articles for the program on a monthly basis.
· Facilitate interview requests and media credentialing.
· Establish a good relationship with local media.
· Update the stadium and team websites with game statistics recaps and promotional
information on a daily basis.
· Manage the teams’ social media account (i.e. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc.).
· Write feature articles for the stadium and team websites on a weekly basis.
· Maintain official roster.
· Oversee the setup of on-line broadcasters.
· Coordinate with the Connecticut School of Broadcasting and local broadcasters to schedule
the game day position each month of the Florida State League.
· Sales, assist in online marketing, additional duties as assigned by Management.
· Must be willing to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be willing to cooperate and work well with other areas of the organization.
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Photoshop.
· Experience with Automated Scorebook and Photoshop video editing software is a plus.
· Must be willing to complete the internship through mid-September
· Must be able to interact and work closely with customers and present themselves in a
· Must be willing to work both in a team setting as well as an individual.
· Must pass a drug test and criminal background check.
Salary: Florida State Minimum Wage
Start Date: January, 2020 End Date: August, 2020
How To Apply
This job description is intended as a guide to general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply For This Internship