Thank you for your interest in an internship with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers. †
It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the baseball industry, beginning with Minor League Baseball.† We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary.† Our internships are a great learning opportunity where previous experience is not always necessary.
Timber Rattlers seasonal internships typically start during the spring semester (January/February start date strongly preferred) and extend through the end of the season (late August to early September)
.† The baseball season officially begins in early April.† Qualifications are based on ability, desire, work ethic and a commitment to make the most of the experience.† Internships are geared to educate about the entire business of Minor League Baseball. †
Timber Rattler interns receive a salary of $1200/month and are expected to maintain a very challenging
schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games as well as play key roles in executing special events taking place at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium.† Comp time can be earned throughout the season to help alleviate the challenging schedule.†
If a career in sports is what you desire, an internship with a sports team can be a great benefit.† Not only is it an important step professionally, but itís also a great way to build relationships and network in a fun, fast-paced and exciting environment.† Past interns have used their experience with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers to go on to bigger and better things internally, with another team or in a desired field of interest. RETAIL INTERNSHIP †
The Timber Rattlers Retail/Merchandise Department is responsible for the Team Store. †
The Team Store is a year-round retail operation that includes merchandise design, selection, presentation, inventory, sales and fulfillment.†Position Responsibilities:†
- Assist customers in team store throughout the day including sales and customer service.†
- Oversee post-game Team Store close-out (cash handling, drawer balancing, etc.).
- Assist with maintenance of Team Store website as needed including:
- Ongoing updating of available products/merchandise
- Fulfill online merchandise orders
- Photo editing and posting
- Ensure appropriate inventory/stock levels.
- Inquire with the Retail Manager as to any projects that need to be accomplished.
- Design and implement social media campaigns to promote new items and specials in the Snake Pit.†
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign a plus.
Aside from the above stated duties, interns will be required to attend all staff meetings and assist the front office staff whenever needed.† Other duties could include: distribution of giveaways / programs / exit greeting items, pulling tarp, delivering and picking up mail, assisting with special events, theme night planning and execution, customer service, answering phones, general office duties, and, if needed, playing the role of mascot.
Start Date: Spring 2020
Salary: $1,200/month†Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?