Intern, Human Resources / Pro Sports
The Intern, Human Resources will be responsible for all administrative issues of the department as well as assisting with employee needs, requirements, and events.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the hiring process (scheduling interviews, applications, and candidate screening documents in accordance with company policy).
- Update and prepare all Handbooks for all levels of the organization as directed by the coordinators/manager.
- Prepare new hire packets for all levels of the organization.
- Provide administrative support to Human Resources department, including any company distribution and mailings, archive filing, special projects and/or assignments.
- Responsible for address verification for the County Project.
- Complete the New Hire Payroll Sheet to give to payroll
- Assisting in the planning of all event staff orientations.
- Responsible for updating all company bulletin boards, to include information on MVP of the GAME, Employment Posting and all other employee notifications.
- Offer internal customer service to the Marlins staff with their questions and requests.
- Assist in the coordination of all Marlins Job Fairs.
- Assist with all employee related functions / events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the HR Staff.
- Attend local job fairs when needed.
- Offer overall assistance to the Payroll department with any special projects and/or assignments.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
- Proactive, organized and detail-oriented person who can prioritize their workload and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Outgoing personality with track record of effective interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal) that creates trusting relationships.
- An understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures and an ability to work effectively and relate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds and all levels within the company.
- Self-motivated individual with high degree of responsibility including confidentiality, sense of urgency, and accountability.
- Professional ethics.
- Must be a team player, who cares about the department’s work and reputation.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software – Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- College degree in human resources or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of administrative experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
How To Apply For This Internship