Epic Games Fortnite Team is looking for a smart, creative Gameplay Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for developing new gameplay to bring the world of Fortnite to life. You will be working with a cross-disciplinary team to develop gameplay innovations to Fortnite.Responsibilities:
- Working with a team of highly skilled engineers
- Assigned feature development for Fortnite
- Working closely with the team on anything from investigating and fixing bugs to working with Game Designers on performance, hero, and game systems
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary . Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience coding gameplay features from start to finish
- Experience with the problems involved in making a client/server-based game
- Work/code samples from at least one project (indie, academic, hobby project, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working within a team
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4, bonus for understanding how gameplay blueprints work
- Well-versed in games with the ability to break down and articulate the design of gameplay mechanics
This is going to be Epic!