The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are looking for hardworking individuals for the Facility Operations Internship. This position will assist in the management of food and beverage, hospitality areas, and ballpark operations for the 2020 baseball season. Internships run from mid-May through the completion of the season, near middle of August. Every summer the interns work directly with the front office. Job Duties:
- Assist with the setup and cleanup of all events held at the stadium
- Responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of the concessions areas
- Manage and supervise hospitality areas such as group decks and party areas, including Ho-Chunk Gaming Nekoosa Rat Trap, Pre-Game Picnic Area, Point Craft River, Accounting Plus Home Plate Club, and ticket package service areas to ensure exceptional fan experience
- Management of inventory and staff for vending services
- Supervise game day staff
- Heavy focus on all concessions responsibilities, including assisting with ordering food/beverage, food preparation, waste management, and management of game staff
- Act as liaison to over ten distributors of goods and services around the ballpark
- Previous experience with food/beverage handling and management preferred, but not required
- Other duties assigned by the GM
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite catering events. Offsite catering events include managing part-time staff, set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer. All interns will participate in a bi-weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the option to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single-game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on-field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?