Hospitality & Logistics Associate Location:
Winter Garden, FL Hours:
M-F (9am-5pm) Reports to:
Manager, Hospitality & Logistics About the HJGT
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the HJGT. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the world hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour. In 2017, the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour announced a partnership with Nexus, an international hospitality and entertainment company backed by financier Joe Lewis and Tavistock Group, golfing great Tiger Woods and musician and entertainer Justin Timberlake, which will further our collective goal of growing the game of golf, broadening the Tour’s reach across the U.S. and around the world. Position Summary
Assist in creating successful host hotel partnerships for all 285 events on HJGT schedule to accommodate tour players and operations staff. Requirements
- Pursuing a degree in Business/Sports Management/Marketing or other related fields
- This is an unpaid internship, and you must receive at least one (1) credit for the onsite experience from an accredited College/University.
- Must be within good standing of your College/University
What does success look like?
- Prospect and organize qualified hotels within proximity of tournament golf courses
- Book and manage all hotel rooms and contracts for the operations team for all HJGT events
- Negotiate room rates and reserve blocks of rooms for event participants
- Make a minimum 50 phone calls per day to potential host hotel partners
- 70 outbounds calls
- 1 Contract signed and returned or 1 host family confirmation in writing
- 10 contracts sent out
- 350 outbound calls
- 5 contracts signed and returned or 1 host family confirmation in writing
- 50 contracts sent out
- 1,400 outbound calls
- 20 contracts signed and returned or 1 host family confirmation in writing
- 200 contracts sent out
Why intern with HJGT?
- Business/Marketing experience preferred
- Ability to Multitask in a Faced-Paced Environment
- Excellent communication/writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Goal oriented
- Result driven
- College Credit for getting hands on, once in a lifetime educational experience
- Minimal Travel
- Access to 3 golf courses at Orange County National. Interns can pay Crooked Cat, Panther Lake, and the Tooth (Prices vary)
- Hands on experience and to learn every aspect of tournament operations, retail marketing, and video productions
- Resume building workshops
- Classroom sessions with HJGT employees to assist with career planning
- Recommendation letters from full time employees
- Networking events
- Interns will be provided with fully furnished housing at Champions Gate in Orlando, FL.
- Washer & Dryer
- Appliances (stove and microwave)
- Internet and TV
Students will be able to use the HJGT internship for college credit. Your institution will decide the amount of credits. All interns MUST be enrolled in at least one credit. Opportunities:
- Experience in the golf industry
- To obtain full-time employment with HJGT or through its network
There are countless benefits to participating in the HJGT internship program. Interns will meet and interact with various groups of people and get to know the future stars of the PGA and LPGA tours. For example, interns will be around golf professionals, directors of golf, course superintendents, influential and successful sponsors, parents, and spectators. This internship is unlike many other programs because of the hands-on experience you will receive. Interns will be given daily tasks that have a substantial impact on the organization. You will learn how to manage people, manage departments, and problem solve in a fast and fun environment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the associate may be required to work varying schedules including nights and weekend to reflect the business needs of the company.
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status. Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
Will you receive college credit?
Are you willing to relocate anywhere in the U.S?