Software Engineering Intern - Security Automation San Diego, CA
The PlayStation Network services 30+ million customers every day. The Product Security team is responsible for securing every line of code that our software engineers create. In an effort to be more effective we are building out a team that is automating security processes and issue triage.
Join an innovative information security team that enables our Product Security Engineers to scale up their services across all of SIE. We have created a vulnerability management system to collate all application security concerns into one place. The application makes our Product Security teams more effective at incident response and application security overall while also handling the scale of applications we create at SIE. As a Software Engineering Intern, you will:
- Participate in analysis of functional or business requirements and solution design
- Collaborate with CI/CD teams and others to integrate and improve our code
- Participate in the design and implementation of durable and scalable software solutions
- Collaborate on the implementation of interactive web-based services and deploy them in the cloud
- Cooperate in code reviews to keep our code quality high
- Prepare and improve the reliability and performance of unit tests
- Work with product security engineers, our customers, to develop automated processes and the actual vulnerability management product
- Should be a student pursuing a degree in Computer Science or other engineering field
- Experience with Java programming and web applications
- An interest in Application Security or Information Security in general
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience developing/running/debugging applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience or studies in software security would be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others at all levels
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and actively learn everything you can about the systems you support. You're not afraid to ask questions. You're not afraid to ask for help.