We are EA SportsEA SPORTS
is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC. The Challenge Ahead:
The Game Modes Engineer is involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and devices, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Game Modes, Online, and UI domains. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer. What you will do as a Game Modes Engineer:
We are looking for:
- Develop technical solutions for game features, including career modes.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, efficient, and shareable code.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
Nice to have:
- 3+ years experience with C++ programmer, with solid problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of solid design principles, design patterns, and STL.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts, software engineering practices.
- Experience with client/server and multi-threaded architectures.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages. (C#)
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?