Digital Marketing Intern / Sports Media
We are a social network for your own sports.
We're making connecting people through sports, history and geography!
We're recruiting marketing interns to do 2 things:
1) Help build out the sports interest graph - index the general taxonomy of the sports world including leagues, conferences, schools, teams, venues, brands, events, local TV & newspapers, and even famous athletes.
2) Help recruit local, regional, and national sports media personalities and publishers to be early adopters of our platform for status updates, thoughts, and long form posts. These personalities can cross-post their Facebook and Twitter content onto our site and direct this content to their Follower, their Friends, their local region, their state, or to YourSports: US.
Our interns have the unique opportunity to:
- learn and practice disruption in digital sports media
- learn and practice internet business development and viral marketing
- apply their passion for sports to the internet, local news, and "social"
- connect with well-known sports personalities as a representative of the company
- work in a 21st century distributed, cloud-based, agile environment where Skype and Pivotal Tracker replace the watercooler, meeting room, and Office-space "check-up"
- be entrepreneurial (only entrepreneurial folks win here)
- put up some impressive "resume stats" and be in position for a positive reference for whatever is next on your career journey
What we're looking for
- first and foremost a good person who is ambitious, a self-starter, is fun to work with, and plays well with others
- secondly a smart person with an entrepreneurial drive, passion for sports, and interest in digital sports media
- finally someone that understands the dynamics of sports at the local, regional, and national levels: news, blogs, sponsorships, media, and agencies
- this is an internship so you can have a full-time job, be unemployed, underemployed, or a student. Our investment in you is based on your investment in YourSports.
- can give 6-10 hours per week--on your own time--to completing projects 1 and 2
- can commit to a 3 month internship
- send a short cover letter highlighting your alignment with the information above.
- send a resume with 1-2 references of anyone that can vouch for you in the What We're Looking For Section
We'll be in direct contact with folks that seem like a good fit to set up phone-based interviews.
How To Apply For This Internship